Getting The Best Match Ups For The Most Savings
See Beginners on the right sidebar for parts 1 & 2 if you missed it.
There is one simple rule to follow:
Sales + store coupon + manufacturers coupon = rock bottom prices.
1. Know your stores coupon policy, i.e double/triple coupons, competitor coupons, limit of coupons per item (my shoprite only will let me use 4 of the same coupon in one transaction).
2. Learn to be not be brand specific: Sometimes some of the best sales are on items that you may have never purchased in the past. Be open minded. I would have never bought Fiber One Mocha Chocolate bars but I picked them up because they were free. And you know what, they are very good.
3. Study the weekly sales circular. It becomes easier and easier to pick up great sales the more you do it.
4. Plan your shopping list using the stores weekly circular and by planning your menu based on sale items. I love this tip because it really forces me to write down what I am having during the week for dinner and plan ahead. Cuts down on impulse buying.
5. Join your store’s rewards program.
6. Use store coupons with manufacturer coupons for the best savings.
Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack $2.00
Store Coupon $1/1
Manufacturer Coupon $1/1
Final Price: FREE