Since my husband turned 50 in March (shh, don’t tell him I told you that) we have received AARP information in the mail. At first I was like, oh my gosh, we are old enough to get AARP info, yikes. But, then I started to find out that there are really great benefits to being an AARP member and at $16/year, the cost of the membership will pay for itself quickly. Right now, you can also get a Free Travel Kit when you join.
Here are some of the discounts you can get and honestly the list is very long so I’ll just name a few. I really had no idea how much you could benefit from the membership:
- Borders: 10% off paperback & 35% off AARP listed books
- Teleflora: 20% discount
- Walgreens: 5% off qualifying Walgreens products
- Curves: $100 savings
- Eyewear: 30% off at Lenscrafters, Pearl, Sears, JC Penney
- Allstate Roadside Assistance: $19 cheaper then AAA & 2nd household member is free
- Hotels: Save an average of 10% on hotel stays
- Car Rentals: 20 – 25% savings on car rental
- Plus discounted rates on life, auto & health insurance.
Only one member of the family needs to sign up as your spouse will be covered under it as well. So it’s like getting 2 for the price of one. If you are 50 or older I would definitely consider signing up now. Plus you get a nifty travel kit 🙂