As we save so much money for ourselves and our families, we as couponers, are able to provide for others with our ability to purchase products for free or near free. I’d like to call it “Couponing For a Cause”.
“If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” ~Mother Teresa
So thanks to all of you that contributed to this great list of Food Banks & Shelters. Please feel free to leave more in the comments and the list will be updated.
Early next week, I will have a quick link on the right sidebar of the site so you can access it easily.
::NEW JERSEY FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
Asbury Park, NJ:
- Faith Community United Methodist Church
Hours: Tuesdays 9-11 am and 4-6 PM
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County
9E Easy Street
(MiddleBrook Crossroads Industrial Park)
Open Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 2:30 PM
- The Caldwell Food Pantry
Hours: Monday 4-6PM
Tuesday and Wednesday 11-2
they will take any items especially paper products, tissues, toilet paper etc
Cherry Hill Food Bank:
- Cherry Hill Food Bank
Chapel Ave. (behind and affiliated with St. Michael’s Church
Springdale and Kresson Rds
East Hanover, NJ:
- Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter
194 Route 10 West
Accepts donations for dogs and cats.
- St.Peter’s Haven & Food Pantry
380 Clifton Ave.
- Hope through Care, Inc.
89 First Stree
A shelter for single moms and their children.
- Open Cupboard Food Pantry
37 Old Highway 22
They also operate a thrift store to benefit the Food Pantry.
Egg Harbor Twp:
- Community Food Bank of NJ
6725 Black Horse Pike
- Social Services Department through Hillsborough Twp.
They run a substantial food pantry that also accepts personal care items, toiletries, and paper goods.
- Community Food Bank of NJ
31 Evans Terminal
- House of Blessing
Calvary Lighthouse Church
- Catholic Charities
They help people of any religion.
- Millburn-Short Hills American Red Cross
389 Millburn Avenue
Morris County, NJ:
- Community Soup Kitchen
They accept food, personal care items, and anything to help the homeless keep warm – long underwear, sleeping bags, etc
- The Interfaith Food Pantry
540a West Hanover Avenue
Morristown, N.J. 07960
Open for donation drop off Monday to Thursday, 9:00 to 4:30pm.
- Food Bank of South Jersey
1501 John Tipton Boulevard
Prospect Park, NJ:
- New Hope Community Ministries
Serves Prospect Park & Haledon, NJ
Has a food bank that serves it’s clients twice a month with a unique points system. Part of receiving food is a mentoring program.
Scotch Plains, NJ:
- St. Bartholomew’s Church
Toms River, NJ:
- Your Grandmother’s Cupboard
They go out in a special truck and bring stuff to the homeless and needy.
- Hunger Relief
- Harbor House
It is a safe haven for youth. They take donations relevant to younger people/teenagers.
- First Baptist Church of Toms River
700 Main Street
- Woman’s Space
They take donations of new baby items, toiletries, and craft supplies.
- Trenton Soup Kitchen
- HOPE United Methodist Church
700 Cooper Road
They have a food bank that feeds several local families on a weekly basis.
They need toiletries, diapers and wipes, and food. And in addition to donating to local people in the area they also donate to boys from urban areas who come to visit periodically.
Open wed evenings, 7-9, thursday mornings and saturday mornings.
They also have a thrift shop of clothes, if you donate clothes you get a 50% off coupon off your next purchase.
Winslow Township, NJ:
- Rose of Sharon Lutheran Church
42 Chesterfield Jacobstown Road
- My Neighbor’s Pantry
Weston Canal Road
Various Locations, NJ:
- Jersey Battered Women’s Service
Contact them via the phone number on the website for the drop-off location in your area. They take food, household items, cleaning items, OTC medications, health & beauty aids, baby items, batteries – just about anything but clothing or furniture! On the website, click “Help JBWS” – then click “Contributions Wish List” to see the complete list of what they accept.
- Cattitude, Inc a New Jersey Non-Profit Animal Rescue & Adoption Corporation. Accepts donations for cats and dogs.
- New Jersey Anti-Hunger Coalition (NJAHC) Has a county by county list of all the emergency food providers which includes food banks, food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters that serve meals.
::NEW YORK FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
- Kitten Angels
154 Delaware Ave
They are a non profit (501c3) organization which rescues abandoned, neglected and abused animals. They rehabilitate them, get them age appropriate vaccines and adopt them out to loving, forever homes.
- The Presbyterian Church of Islip
340 Main Street
Has a food pantry. Food donations are accepted when the thrift store is open on Monday and Thursday between 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and on Sunday at the 10:30 a.m. worship service.
::PENNSYLVANIA FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
- Libertae Halfway House & Libertae Family House
5245 Bensalem Blvd
- City Team
Work with families in crisis
- St James Episcopal Church
3768 Germantown Pike
Has an outreach house supporting almost 100 families. They take food, clothing, and household items.
- Holy Trinity Church
Third Sunday of every month is grocery drop off during mass, or you can contact the rectory for other arrangements. They run a food bank for the local residents in need.
3616 South Galloway Street
302 West Berks Street
::DELAWARE FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
- Food Bank of Delaware Milford Facility
1040 Mattlind Way
- Food Bank of Delaware
14 Garfield Way
- Sunday Breakfast Mission
An Overnight Shelter for homeless men and work with families in crisis. They cannot accept donations of anything containing any alcohol content (like mouthwash or cold medicine)
::CONNECTICUT FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
- St Joseph Church
163 Whisconier Road
- United Way of Milford
Oversees 22 partner agencies in Milford – if you can’t find a place near you call your local United Way
::INDIANA FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
::MISSOURI FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
St. Louis, MO:
- Feed My People
Accepts donations of food and personal care items.
- Bi State Pet Food Pantry
collects pets food and other pet supplies to be donated to needy families so they can keep their pets – donation bins are located in most St Louis area Petco stores.
- Kirkwood United Methodist Church
at Adams and Clay
Drop off food items in the donations room weekdays during office hours or on Sunday morning.
::NATIONAL FOOD BANKS & SHELTERS
- During the month of March, the Girl Scouts run Baby Bundles where they collect new unopened baby care items, clothing & baby food to donate to local charities and woman’s shelters. Contact your local chapter offices for more details about where to drop off items.
- Give 2 the Troops Collects donations for our troops overseas.