My Shopping Trip: ShopRite
My Shopping Trip: ShopRite
Most of you know that we are moving. Honestly, if I knew how emotional and stressful this was going to be I would have not done it. But, we are knee deep in this right now and the emotional ups and downs have been killing me. And, the waiting….that is the worst part. Waiting for offers to be accepted or not accepted and then to have offers fall through, ugh, so not fun. We have seen more houses in central New Jersey that I have completely lost count. And, just when I think we are headed in the right direction, boom, we are back to square one again.
With that said, the farthest thing from my mind is grocery shopping. But, I wanted to make use of some of the coupons I had. The system I have for Preparing Coupons for Shopping Trips makes it easy to get a shopping trip ready since I am planning for it ahead of time. So, I quickly went through my coupons and my husband ran out to ShopRite for me today.
Here is what he did:
- 2 Marcal Napkins $1.74 each
- 2 Windex $3.79 each
- 2 Family Size Packs Boneless Chicken Breast $10.21 for both packs
- 4 Gold Peak Tea $1.00 each
- 2 Met RX Bars $2.00 each
- 2 Skippy Peanut Butter $1.99 each
- 1 Starkist Albacore Tuna Pouch $1.88
- 1 ShopRite Greek Yogurt $0.88
- (2)$1/1 Marcal Napkins (bought on ebay)
- -(1)$0.75/2 Windex Coupon (NLA)
- $5 Catalina (Windex Products)
- -(4)$0.75/1 Gold Peak Tea (adjusted down to $1)
- -$2/2 Met RX Bars ShopRite eCoupon
- -$2/2 Met RX bars from the 4/1 RP
- -(2)$0.75/1 Skippy Peanut Butter Coupon (NLA)
- -(1)$0.50/1 Starkist coupon (NLA)
- -FREE ShopRite Greek Yogurt eCoupon
Also, during the week, my son ran to the Farmer’s Market for me. Whenever I send him, it’s always a more expensive bill. That trip cost $36.04.
Total Savings including sale prices and coupons: $40.50 which I will be adding to the LRWC Reader’s Grocery Savings Counter. Be sure to add your savings so we can see how much we have all saved in 2012
Here is an update to my Grocery Budget:
- Total in envelope as of 3/17: $592.91
- -$26 misc trips
- -$126 in take out meals from the last 2 weeks
- Added $150 to Grocery Envelope 3/30
- -$10.81 from Shopping trip 3/31
- Total in envelope as of 3/31: $580.10
- -$3.47 from Shopping Trip on 4/2
- Total in envelope as of 3/31: $576.63
- -$3.98 from Shopping Trip on 4/3
- Total in envelope as of 4/3: $572.65
- -$36.04 Farmer’s Market
- -$62 in take out meals from the last 2 weeks as we house hunt
- Added $150 to Grocery Envelope 4/13
- $14.73 from Shopping Trip on 4/14
- -$75 giving my son money for groceries at school
- Total in envelope as of 4/14: $534.88
If you’re interested in seeing how we set up our budget envelopes, make sure to check out, How To Set Up a Budget and Stick to It.
How are you doing on your grocery budget?
LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter: Be sure to add your weekly grocery savings to the the LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter below. You can check out the counter in the sidebar to see how much we have all saved so far in 2012!