My Shopping Trip to A&P – Paid $0.77!
Extreme Couponing Shopping Trip
The shopping trip I made last night to A&P is a great example of using all of your resources to save money on your groceries. For those of you that took advantage of the A&P and Pathmark Gift Card Offer they had a couple of weeks ago, you are probably having shopping trips similar to this. For those of you that missed the Gift Card Deal, you were able to buy up to $500 in gas or gift cards and get up to $60 in catalinas.
I jumped on the opportunity, over a 2 week period that they offered it, to take all my budgeted money for gas, Christmas presents and even bills that were coming due to pay (like my son’s college tuition) and do the gift card deal several times. Because of it, I ended up with a nice stack of $20 catalinas which were completely free (unless I bought visa cards which had an activation fee).
So, for the last couple of weeks, I have been getting practically free groceries at A&P including the trip I made last night. My total out of pocket was a mere $0.77. Total saved: $214! Boo-yah!
I did get lucky on the Polly-O Cheese. It was on sale for $1.99. There were 50% clearance tags on a bunch of them that had a price of $5.49 so they deducted $2.74! Yippey…profit of $0.75 each! Didn’t notice that until I got home!
Also, just a note, I did ask before I used all 4 $20 catalina in one transaction. I had my shopping helpers (Pat & Patrick) with me in case I had to do separate transactions. Since they said yes to using all 4, it made it a lot easier.
Here was my trip:
- (2) Broccoli – $0.99 each
- (10) IV Ravioli – $1.00 each
- (4) Cucumbers – $3.00
- (10) Red Pack Tomatoes – $0.88
- Hartford Genoa Salami 1 lb- $5.63
- Hartford Turkey 1 lb- $7.99
- Hartford Provolone 1 lb- $6.29
- Bakery Rolls – $2.99
- (2) Quaker Soft and Chewy Cookies – $1.99
- (4) Mt Olive Olives – $2.00
- (2) Coffeemate Creamers – $1.50
- (3) Cracker Barrel Cheese – $1.99
- Mazola Spray – $1.99
- (2) Pillsbury Pie Crust – $2.50
- Saute Extress – $2.49
- (2) Pillsbury Christmas Cookies $2.50 each
- (3) Land O Lakes Eggs – $3.79
- (4) Polly-O Mozzerella – $1.99 (shelf price $5.79 – $2.75 Clearance Coupon = profit of $0.75)
- (5) Dannon Yogurts – $0.47 (50% off clearance coupons)
- (2) Light n Fit Yogurt – $0.47 (50% off clearance coupons)
- Jello Temptations – $1.35 (50% off clearance coupon)
- (4) Ehrmann’s Yogurt $1.25
- Edys Ice Cream – $3.00
- Americas Choice Gallon Milk – $3.79
- -$3.50 Americas Choice Milk wyb 4 Pillsbury
- -$3/2 Quaker Zavers ecoupon
- -$1/2 Pillsbury Cookies Zavers eCoupon
- -$0.75/2 Pillsbury Pie Crust eCoupon
- -(3)$3.79 Free Land o Lakes Eggs coupon (from manufacturer)
- -(1)$0.55/1 Mazzola Cooking Spray from the 12/2 RP
- -(1)$0.75/1 Land o Lakes Saute Express coupon
- -(2)$0.75/1 Coffee Mate Coupon
- -(4)$0.50/1 Mt Olive Pickles coupon from the 11/18 SS
- -(2)$1/2 Ehrmann’s Yogurt Blinkie coupon
- -$1/2 Quaker Cookie Coupons (peelie)
- -(4)$20 Catalinas
Will Receive: $1 SavingStar Deposit for Pillsbury Cookies, $0.75 SavingStar Deposit for Pillsbury Pie Crust
Total Savings including sale prices and coupons: $214 which I will be adding to the LRWC Reader’s Grocery Savings Counter. Be sure to add your savings so we can see how much we have all saved in 2012.
LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter: Be sure to add your weekly grocery savings to the the LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter below. You can check out the counter in the sidebar to see how much we have all saved so far in 2012!
Cindy Livesey is the force behind Living Rich With Coupons which provides it’s readers with all the resources they need to shop smart so they can get life’s necessities for a lot less. Allowing you to spend more on life’s luxuries. Her family of 5 has saved over $11,000 a year in groceries. And you can too.