Rice Salad Recipe
By: Gigi Howe
I’ve been searching for a rice salad recipe for a while.. you have your pasta salads, potato salads, why not rice?! I’ve tried a few but they have been bombs. This one was good. I made it for the first time this week. The recipe does not call for asparagus but I had some leftover, so I added it. I tend to like to tweak my recipes. You can add whatever vegetables you like. I can see adding some shrimp to this recipe and turning it into a nice summer meal. But right now, I will give you the basic recipe. Add whatever you like. I served it as a side dish and also had it for lunch one day. Its tasty and refreshing!
– 1 cup uncooked rice (I used white)
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 2 cloves of garlic minced
– 1/2 cup celery diced
– 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
– 1/3 cup chopped pepper (I used red)
– 2 scallions chopped
1. Cook rice as directed and let cool.
2. Combine mayo, sour cream and garlic.
3. Mix prepared vegetables, rice and dressing together in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.