Extreme Couponing 101
Beginners Guide to Using Coupons
Welcome to Beginners Guide to Using Coupons brought to you by Living Rich With Coupons.
Here you will learn the right way to become a Strategic Shopper and Couponer and be able to save anywhere from 50 – 90% on your grocery bill. The LRWC version of “Extreme Couponing” is NOT by clearing shelves, having your stockpile take over your house, using unethical couponing practicing or by spending 1/2 your week preparing your shopping trip. We are “EXTREME COUPONERS” because we can save an extreme amount of money by using legitimate couponing methods, keeping a conservative stockpile of items that can pack our pantry or fit onto an extra shelf or two. And, we buy what we need for ourselves, our family and our donations without clearing shelves in the supermarket. All from only a few extra hours work a week.
Tons of Living Rich With Coupons readers have saved thousands of dollar each year by using these easy coupon strategies. All it takes is a little time, organization and you will be able to stock your pantry for so much less.
::Step-by-Step Guide to Saving Money on Groceries
Step 1: Four Easy Steps to Get Started
Get started with this basic 4 step method of saving at the grocery store.
Step 2: Coupon Lingo
Learn the couponing terms to make it easier to understand match ups.
Step 3: Import Facts About Coupons
Here is a list of important facts you should know before you begin couponing. Learn how to tell if a coupon is fraudulent or how many coupons you can use on an item.
Step 4: Organizing Your Coupons
Learn different methods for keeping your coupons organized and ready to score some deals.
Step 5: How to Cut Your Grocery Bill
Check out these 5 easy ways that you can cut your grocery bill.
Step 6: Guide to Grocery Sale Cycles – Getting the Best Prices
Learn when frozen foods will be at their lowest or when you should stock up on paper goods or pancake syrup.
::Step It Up a Notch
Now that you know the basics of how to save at the grocery store. Check out these 6 ways to step up your couponing game to save even more.
Catalina Deals are some of the best ways to save. Learn what they are and how to use them for the most savings.
Drug Store Deals
Drug stores are a great place to save when you take advantage of their store rewards programs. These programs are very similar to how the catalina deals work. Be sure to check out the posts below to find out how to save at the Drug Store
CVS 101: How to Save at CVS
CVS is a great place to start to learn how to save at the grocery store. Check out this informative video of a typical CVS shopping trip.
Walgreens 101: The “Secret” Rules and Great Deals
Learn the “Secret” Rules and how to get the best deals at Walgreens.
Rite Aid 101: How to Save at Rite Aid
Buy One Get One Free Sales
::Tips & Tricks
::Extreme Couponing Tips
There are so many different tips & tricks to help you save. Scan through our many posts on the different tips and tricks to help you to coupon like a pro.
::How to use this site to help you save
1. Saving Resources Page: Use our Saving Resources page for the many tools we have put together to help your couponing a breeze.
2. Ask questions: That is a must. If you don’t understand something, ask. We are all here to help. Leave it in the comments, check out the Frequently Asked Questions post or send me an email by clicking on the “Contact” tab in the navigation bar.
3. Use the Coupon Database: There is an awesome Coupon Database on the site which will help you find most coupon available. There are printable coupon, insert coupons, magazine coupons as well as Cellfire coupon.
4. Check out the Store Deals: Make sure to check out all the stores by click on the “Find My Store” above to find the national stores or a store near you.
5. Store Coupon Policies: Make sure to print out a copy of the different store coupon policies. It’s best to always bring a copy with you when you are shopping.
6. Inspiration: Need some inspiration? Make sure to check out all the reader shopping trips as well as my Extreme Couponing (and sometimes not so extreme) shopping trips.
7. Donate from Your Stockpile: Once you have strategic shopping down and your pantry is full, please consider making a Couponing for a Cause donation to your local food bank.