Safeway Coupon Match Ups – 2/22 Here are the Safeway Coupons and Deals for this week! New to Couponing? Make sure to check out the Beginners Guide to Using Coupons New to Couponing at Safeway? Check out the Safeway Deals page to see all the latest deals at Safeway. Click the banner below to view… Read More
Safeway Coupon Match Ups Week of 2/22:
This Week's Safeway Match Ups
Buy 4, Save $4 Mix & Match
We depend on readers like you to keep the Catalina Offers up to date. If you receive a Catalina Printout or you see a shelf tag at your store, please submit the info using the form below:
Safeway Deals & Catalinas
Catalina Coupons are coupons that print out of the Catalina machine at participating stores. These machines are just like the one pictured above and are usually located next to the register. These are sometimes referred to as “Your Bucks” Catalina Deals and are deals that require a certain dollar amount or quantity of products to be purchased. Once you have met the qualifications, a Catalina will print for a certain amount off your next purchase. Usually this purchase can be made for anything in the store, however, some promotions require they be used toward a specific brand or product.
We depend on readers like you to keep these updated with the newest deals at all your local stores. If you receive a Catalina Printout or you see a shelf tag at your store, please submit the info using the form below:
Here are the current Safeway Catalina Deals:
NOTE: If your Catalinas do not print, the best thing to do is visit the Catalina Marketing site and complete the form provided
How to Use Coupons at Safeway
There are now over 1,600 Safeway stores across the US and Canada.
You can register for a Safeway Club Card at your local Safeway store. Use your club card to take advantage of sale prices, eCoupons, fuel discounts, and Just4U.
Digital coupons and offers are deducted from a customer purchase prior to paper coupons or any other discounts and cannot be added back or removed once card has been scanned.
- Limit one use per digital coupon per transaction
- Digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer paper coupons on the purchase of a single item
- Digital offers do not double
Safeway Fuel Rewards
Use up to $1 per gallon in Rewards at Safeway gas stations and participating Exxon or Mobil locations.
- Every 100 points gets you 10¢ per gallon in Rewards for a single fill-up at a Safeway gas station or a participating Exxon or Mobil location.
- Every 200 points gets you 20¢ per gallon in Rewards for a single fill-up at a Safeway gas station or a participating Exxon or Mobil location.
- Every 500 points gets you 50¢ per gallon in Rewards for a single fill-up at a Safeway gas station or a participating Exxon or Mobil location.
- Every 1000 points gets you $1 per gallon in Rewards for a single fill-up at a Safeway gas station or a participating Exxon or Mobil location.
Yourbucks offers or Catalina Deals are a great way to save money at Safeway. Catalina Deals are deals that require a certain dollar amount or quantity of products to be purchased. Once you have met the qualifications, a catalina will print for a certain amount off your next purchase. Usually this purchase can be made for anything in the store, however, some promotions require they be used toward a specific brand or product.
Visit the Coupon Network Yourbucks Site for even more deals available. There are more shown on this site however it’s still not all that are available. You can check the Catalina Deals tab above to see an up-to-date list of all known catalina offers. Also, keep your eye out for announcements that will print at the register for upcoming offers as well as hang tags at the store.
Tips on using the match ups
- Doubled Coupons: All coupons $.50 and under are doubled in these match ups.
- Coupon Variations: Keep in mind that coupons may vary from regions or even newspapers. Other areas may have additional or different value coupons. All coupons, from all regions are shown in the match ups.
- Do Not Double Coupons: All coupon match ups below are shown as doubled. Some coupons will state “Do Not Double” on the coupon. This is a YMMV situation.
eCoupons available at Safeway:
- Ibotta eCoupons – Ibotta is an app for your smartphone. You earn money by taking a quick poll, watch a short video or even just looking at a recipe. Each action will earn you more money once you purchase that item. Purchase the product as you normally would. Using coupons will not have any effect on your ibotta offers. If you like, you can even scan the products barcode through the Ibotta app to be sure you are purchasing the correct product. Once you have made your purchase, you simply take a photo of your receipt through the app. The amount of the coupon will be deposited into your Ibotta account.
New to Couponing?
Make sure to check out the LRWC Beginners Section
View & Print the Safeway Coupon Policy
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
1. We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
2. Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will accept only coupons issued by Safeway or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We will not accept photocopies of coupons.
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
4. Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
5. Coupons have no cash value.
6. Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction and is sold and available at the store.
7. We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
8. We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
9. Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable state, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
10. All applicable bottle and packaging deposits on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
11. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
12. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings) before deductions for any manufacturer coupons. As an example (and not as an offer), if a $10 minimum purchase is required for a customer reward, a customer’s order at full retail would be $12, a Club Card discount of $1.75 applies, and a manufacturer’s coupon of $1 applies, the customer would be given credit for a $10.25 purchase, and would be eligible for the reward (assuming compliance with all other requirements) even though the customer’s cash payment would be only $9.25. The manufacturer’s coupon would not be deducted from the total for purposes of determining reward eligibility. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings, and all other discounts)
13. References to a threshold purchase requirement will exclude purchases of: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes), Prescription Items and Co-payments, Bus/Commuter Passes, Fishing/Hunting Licenses and Tags, Postage Stamps, Money Orders, Money Transfers, Ski Tickets, Amusement Park Tickets, Event Tickets, Lottery Tickets, Phone Cards, Gift Cards, and Gift Certificates; also excluded are: Bottle Deposits, Redemption Values, and Sales Taxes.
Internet Printed Coupons:
14. We accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
15. Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
16. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
17. Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
18. We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
19. Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card. Internet and digital coupons electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are not included in any operative “double coupon” or other increase in coupon value promotion. Coupons are not accepted on online shopping orders made on Safeway.com, except Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded the ‘Safeway Club Card’ being used for that order.
Doubling of Coupons:
20. Check with your local store regarding “double coupon” promotions where customers will receive double the manufacturer coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the identified limit. Not all locations offer double coupon promotions and the terms of such promotions may differ by time and store. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only. “Double coupon” promotions do not apply to any internet or digital coupons except for applicable internet printed manufacturer coupons. These explanations and restrictions on “double coupons” apply to any promotion that increases the value of a manufacturer coupon beyond its face value.
21. Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
22. Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
23. If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
24. Rainchecks are for one time use only.
25. Rainchecks expire ninety (90) days from the date issued and will be accepted at any Safeway store that has the specific item in stock.
26. We reserve the right to limit Raincheck quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
27. Rainchecks can be issued for up to six (6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
28. Rainchecks will not be issued for Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes).
29. Rainchecks can be offered for store super coupon items unless otherwise specified on the coupon. Rainchecks will not be provided for items advertised as “clearance”, “while supplies last,” “limited quantities,” or other designation indicating a limited supply.
All coupon redemption terms are subject to our Coupon Acceptance Policy in effect at time of redemption.
We may change the terms of our Coupon Acceptance Policy at any time. Such changes may become effective without advance notice or advertisement. The current Coupon Acceptance Policy will be posted at the customer service area in each store. You are also advised to periodically check our website for any changes to the terms of our Coupon Acceptance Policy.
Revision Date: 01/20/2012
To view the Safeway Coupons on a mobile device you can head over here:
- Safeway Coupon Match Ups here
- Latest Safeway Deals here
- Safeway Coupon Policy
- Safeway Catalina Deals
- Ways to Save at Safeway
Check out these other great savings tools:
Grocery Price Comparison – Check for the best prices on products you are shopping for.
Printable Coupons – Find out where to best all the best grocery coupons plus FAQ about printing coupons
Beginners Guide to Couponing – learn how to save money on groceries using coupons.
Image Credit: Safeway. Living Rich With Coupons is not affiliated with or sponsored by Safeway