Organic Frozen Spinach Recall
This past week we have posted about several products being recalled due to tainted organic spinach with possible listeria contamination. Some of the products use spinach as an ingredient such as Amy’s Kitchen and Rising Moon Organic Ravioli. Wegmans also announced a recall on their Organic Food You Feel Good About Just Picked Frozen Spinach, 12 oz. and today we have more recalls regarding the organic spinach that apparently was all received from the same supplier – Coastal Green Vegetable Company of Oxnard, CA.
Superior Foods, has issued a recall for:
- Simply Balanced Organic Chopped Spinach 10-oz steam in bag.
This product was distributed nationally to Target stores.
Consumers may return the product to Target for a full refund. If you have any questions, call 1-866-672-0811 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
To read the full FDA report which includes UPC, Production Dates and Best By Codes visit: Superior Foods is recalling 8,475 Cases Of Simply Balanced 10-oz Frozen Organic Chopped Spinach Distributed Exclusively At Target Stores.
Twin City Foods, Inc. of Stanwood, Washington is recalling the following:
- Cadia Organic Cut Spinach, 16 oz. frozen packages – Distributed to warehouses in CA
- Meijer Organics Chopped Spinach, 16 oz. frozen packages – Distributed to warehouses in MI, OH, and WI
- Wild Harvest Organic Cut Leaf Spinach, 16 oz. frozen packages – Distributed to warehouses in AZ, CA, DE, ME, PA, VA and WA
- Wegmans Organic Just Picked Spinach, 12 oz. frozen packages – Distributed to warehouses in NY and PA. Please note that Wegmans’ 3/24/15 recall included NY, PA, NJ, VA, MD and MA.
If you have purchased any of the recalled products you can return it to the store for a full refund. You may also contact Mark Hubbard at (804) 385-3772 Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, or email to email@example.com.
Click here to read the complete FDA report: Twin City Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Cadia Organic Cut Spinach, Meijer Organics Chopped Spinach, Wild Harvest Organic Cut Leaf Spinach, and Wegmans Organic Just Picked Spinach Because of Possible Health Risk