Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky Due to Possible Health Risk
The J.M. Smucker Company today announced a limited voluntary recall on two specific Best-If-Used-By dates of 16 oz. Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. This product was distributed in: Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.
The affected product, which is packaged in 16 oz. jars, is as follows:
- UPC: 5150001701 (located on the side of the jar’s label below the bar code)
- Production Codes: 1307004 and 1308004
- Best-If-Used-By dates: August 3, 2012 and August 4, 2012
- Chunky product only (not creamy)
- Impacted product would have been purchased between November 8 – 17, 2011
No other products of The J.M. Smucker Company are affected by this recall.
Consumers who have purchased Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky with the above Production Code and Best-If-Used-By dates are urged to discard the product immediately and call the company at 1-888-550-9555 for a replacement coupon.