Unique Green Bean Casserole Recipes
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I love it because it’s just a great day to spend time with family, eat great food, reflect on what we are thankful for and it doesn’t involve buying gifts. Not that I don’t like giving gifts to people but, I just like the simplicity of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Every year I try to find new recipes based on the old Thanksgiving favorites. So, I thought it would be fun to highlight a dish each day (or almost each day) from now until Thanksgiving. I’ll find a bunch of new and unique recipes based on the traditional Thanksgiving dishes and you guys can add your own in the comments.
So, today’s recipe selection is for the very popular, Green Bean Casserole Recipe.
Here are some great recipes I found:
- New Green Bean Casserole: This recipe comes from Good Housekeeping. Beans, grated parmesan, shallots.
- Green Bean Casserole Moderne: Sara Moulton’s recipe includes mushrooms, milk and cheddar cheese.
- Green Beans With Water Chestnuts: Here’s a recipe you make in the crock pot! Layer the ingredients and let it cook. Keeps your oven free for other things!
- The Pioneer Woman’s Green Bean Casserole: The photos alone will make your mouth water. The recipe includes bacon, pimentoes and is topped with Panko bread crumbs.
- Paula Deen’s Green Bean Casserole: She combines chicken broth and mushroom soup along with mushrooms and cheese.
- Cheddar Green Bean Casserole: This recipe is on About.com in their “Southern Food” section. No soup in this recipe, just cheese, milk, mushrooms and beans, of course.
- Alton Brown’s Not Your Mama’s Green Bean Casserole: He uses mushrooms, chicken broth and half-and-half. Tops it with onions mixed with panko bread crumbs that you bake first before adding them to the casserole.
- Not Your Mama’s Green Bean Casserole: This version is from “Party Line with the Hearty Boys” on the Food Network. It includes 2 kind of mushrooms, sherry, heavy cream and topped with “frizzled” leeks.
- Stovetop Green Bean Casserole: Here’s another recipe to free up your oven. This recipe includes chicken stock, mushrooms, heavy cream, sour cream and Dijon mustard. This recipe is courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli.
- Family Fresh Green Bean Casserole: This recipe is a little different and comes from Claire Robinson. It has portobello mushrooms, sour cream, mozzarella and is topped with corn flakes!
And the traditional recipe: Green Bean Casserole from Campbell’s Kitchen