Here is another reader shopping trip that I just LOVE! Jennifer is a 7th and 8th grade teacher and is currently teaching her students the basics of couponing at the grocery store! Here’s what she had to say:
We live near a Shop Rite, so I mainly use weekly prices from there to give them real-time scenarios that they can use. We are working on a 3-week project that will culminate in the students purchasing items for less than $2, then donating them to a local charity of their choice (not yet determined). In an effort to motivate them, I did a mini shopping trip of my own and spent $0! My classes are competing for two individual prizes: highest percentage savings and most items purchased for under $2. Hopefully they will stay motivated and we will be able to give away a lot!
How awesome is that! Way to coupon for a cause, Jennifer, and also teach your students valuable money saving habits!
- (1) Diamond Crystal kosher salt, $0.79
- (3) Back to Nature Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, $1.49 each
- (2) Beach Nut Fruities pouches, $0.99 each (5/$4 price plus, but I only had 2 coupons)
- (2) Annie Chun’s Ramen noodles, $0.99 each
- (2) Colgate Extra Clean toothbrushes, $0.77 each
- (1) Suave shampoo, $0.88
- (1) Suave conditioner, $0.88
- (1) $0.40/1 Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt printable
- (3) $0.75/1 Back to Nature Coupon (77380)
- (2) $1/1 Beech-Nut Stage 4 or 5 Item printable
- (2) $0.50/1 Annie Chun’s Product printable
- (2) $0.50/1 Colgate Toothbrush printable (NLA)
- (2) $0.50/1 Suave Hair Product (excluding trial sizes) (62946)
Total OOP: $0.00
Be sure to check out the rest of the ShopRite Coupon Match Ups for this week!
Enter the Reader Shopping Trip Giveaway: If you have a shopping trip you want to share, find out how to enter it into the $100 Store Gift Card Giveaway!
LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter: Be sure to add your weekly grocery savings to the the LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter below. You can check out the counter in the sidebar to see how much we have all saved so far in 2012!