By: Gigi Howe
Gazpacho soup, have you ever had it? I LOVE it. If I had to list my five favorite foods, Gazpacho would be in that list. I’ve made it several times, have ordered it out at restaurants and I, according to me ;), have found one of the best recipes for it. I make this recipe every summer when the tomatoes are plentiful. My advice on this recipe is to get good, flavorful tomatoes, which are really only available in the summer. With a food processor this healthy and flavorful soup comes together quickly.
I hope you love this soup as much as I do.
– 4 cups tomato juice (I use lower sodium)
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
– 1 clove garlic minced
– 1 bell pepper minced (I use a red pepper)
– 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– juice of 1 lime
– 1 teaspoon of basil (fresh is best)
– 2 -3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
– salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients. Chill and serve cold.