Does your kitchen become a cookie factory this time of year? 😉 Mine sure has in the past. You can not beat homemade cookies especially this time of year. Whether you are doing a holiday cookie exchange or baking for your family and friends, we have had a lot of cookie recipes here over the years on LRWC.
Just this week, we posted a list of 20 Holiday Cookie Exchange Recipes. If that post didn’t get your stomach growling and your baking juices flowing, check out the cookie recipes we’ve posted over the years:
- Italian Struffoli Cookie
- Christmas Thimble Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- German Pecan Brittle Cookies
- Italian Sprinkle Cookies
- Pecan Squares
You know I have more cookie recipes to share 😉 So today we have my recipe for Snickerdoodles. Everytime I have made this recipe, the cookies have come out perfect. Its an easy recipe, that I know will always be a hit.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
2. Cream shortening. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of sugar beating well. And eggs and beat well. Stir in vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar in medium mixing bowl then add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 400 for 6 – 8 mins. or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes four dozen cookies