Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Chocolate covered strawberries are so easy to make! And now that we are in strawberry season is the perfect time to make these delicious treats. The key to success is to make sure the strawberries are ripe and full of flavor on their own.
To give your strawberries a little more pizzazz, you can sprinkle your dipped strawberries with chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles, nonpareils, decorating sugar or drizzle some melted white chocolate on top. Or leave them plain! It’s your call. This is also a fun project for your kids to help with.
- 16 oz. strawberries
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles, nonpareils, decorating sugar or drizzle some melted white chocolate
1. Wash strawberries (leave stem on). Let dry completely on paper towels.
2. Place chocolate chips in microwave bowl and heat on medium for 1 minute. Stir chocolate to make it smooth. Microwave longer if necessary. Remove when chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
3. Hold stem of strawberry and dip into the chocolate. Dip again, if needed. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle with optional toppings.
4. Once your cookie sheet is filled and strawberries are all dipped, place in refrigerator to help the chocolate harden faster, 30 – 45 minutes. Once the chocolate is hardened, serve berries.