Cajun Corn Salad Recipe
This is not your run of the mill salad. I don’t know about you guys but when I cook corn on the cob, I always seem to have some leftover. Its kind of boring just reheated so this salad gives you an alternative for leftovers. And although this is called a “corn salad”, there is a nice mix of other vegetables in it also.. zucchini, carrots, tomatoes… its a refreshing salad and especially tasty this time of year with all the wonderful fresh vegetables.
Cajun Corn Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, cooked and cooled)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper – any color, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz can ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers – optional
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Mix all the salad ingredients in bowl.
2. In bottle or small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients. Shake or whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
makes 6 servings