For most of us, a visit to the grocery store is just not something we’d like to tackle right now. Not only are we cooking more at home during this “Stay Home” period, we are also having to provide three meals and snacks for our entire family. So, we are forced to get a little bit creative in the kitchen. If you’re like me, I often open the pantry doors and stare blankly at the stuff I have…hoping one of those cans will call out a recipe to me!
We thought we would put together some Cooking from Your Pantry Tips using apps, simple recipes and maybe even having you guys sharing what you’re cooking for your family.
Recipes By Ingredients Apps
Did you know there are a number of awesome meal planning apps that can help us put all those groceries to good use and whip up creations that will make us look like culinary geniuses? Here are some Apps that will help you to cook from your pantry with ease.
- SuperCook (FREE) – I love this app because you can find amazing recipes instantly simply by inputting the ingredients you have in your pantry! I put in 104 ingredients from dairy, vegetables, spices, meats and more. It generated over 9000 recipes I could make. And, you can filter by dietary restrictions including gluten free.
- Yummly (FREE) – a smart cooking sidekick that offers personalized meal prep guidance with handy tools and meal prep guidance. You can search by the ingredients you want to use and it will provide recipes with those ingredients included.
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner (FREE) – help put some variety in your dietary life! This personalized app gets smarter as you follow, save, or prepare various dishes. Search keywords or ingredients to focus on dietary needs and time restrictions and then use the app to save, create, organize, and share recipe collections.
- BigOven (FREE) – newly redesigned, this app makes cooking simple by helping home cooks get inspired and organized in the kitchen (or on the go!). See what your friends, family and favorite bloggers are making!
- Lose It! (FREE) – This nifty food tracker (also a helpful meal planner), is a personal favorite of mine, especially in a time like this where there is going to be a lot of downtime at home. This app allows you to track what you eat on a daily basis simply by scanning the bar code on the product. It also breaks it down by nutrients (Fats/Protein/Carb) so at the end of the day you can see how you are fueling your body! You can set your personal goals, and it recommends a daily caloric intake based on what you want to lose….and also maintain your weight.
Cheap Pantry Meals
These are some awesome and easy recipes we’d like to share!
Share Your Pantry Raid Recipes Below
What are you guys cooking these days? Share some recipes with your fellow readers by dropping them in the comments below.