Times are changing! Tons of us want to ditch the cable and still watch Live TV! I’ve been doing this for over a year and LOVE it! You find a routine that works for you and you get used to not having cable!
Here are the Apps I have on my TV:
- Sling TV – Live TV –
Update – we have switched to YOUTUBETV – the main reason being that it has all of the cable channels available !
- Hulu – ABC Shows/other series and movies
- Netflix – because you have to have netflix
- Amazon Prime – Comes with my yearly membership
This costs us around $80 plus $55 for Internet! Our cable/internet bill was almost $160!
You don’t have to use exactly what I use because there are SO MANY OPTIONS for live TV out there!
LIVE TV Apps So you Don’t have to pay for Cable:
- SlingTV – Customizable for as low as $20 for your first month!
- HULU live TV – Once you create your account you’ll see options for Live TV for as low as $54.99/month
- Purefix – Clean Entertainment with faith and family values – Free Trial here
- Philo – Free Trial (no CC required)
- Paramount+ – Free for 30 days – $5.99/month after
- YoutubeTV – $49/month 40 channels
- Direct TVnow – as low as $35/month
- Fubu TV – as low as $45/month – Get a free Trial here!
- PlutoTV – apparently it’s Free!
If you are a movie lover and don’t want live TV you can get:
How do I stream LIVE TV on my TV?
If you have a smart TV – you’ll be able to download almost all of these apps (depending on the age of your TV). If you don’t you can buy some streaming devices!
I have the Amazon Cube.
You can also use:
Will I Need the Internet?
Yes! You will still need to pay for the internet! A lot of times through your normal provider there are deals for an internet only package! We use Verizon and pay around $55 a month!