How to Use Coupons at Target
Ever wonder where the Bullseye came from? In 1960, The Dayton Company wanted to introduce a “mass market discount store that caters to value oriented shoppers seeking a higher quality experience”. The, now famous, Bullseye logo was chosen because “as a marksmen’s goal is to hit the center bullseye, the new store would do much the same in terms of retail goods, services, commitment to the community, price, value and overall experience”.
Target Coupon Policy allows you to stack a manufacturer coupon with a Target Store Coupon. You can get Target Store Coupons from the following:
2.Target Gift Card Deals
One of the great offers at Target is their Free Target Gift Card Offers. You can find the offers advertised in the weekly ad or on the shelf tags in the store.
These offers require you to make a qualifying purchase to receive your gift card. The gift card will be given to you at checkout. You can not use the gift card on the transaction that produced the gift card but you can use it on your next transaction.
3.Target Price Match
Price Match Guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
Price Match Guarantee: the details
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
Price Match Guarantee: exclusions
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from online competitor price matching.
- Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
- Prices from other Target stores.
- Online prices from competitors not listed above.
- “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
- Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
- Competitor coupon-required.
- Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
- Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
- Offers that include financing.
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
- Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
- Pricing or typographical errors.
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
- Contract cell phone plans and devices.
View and print the complete Target Price Match Policy
4. Additional Ways to Save
Besides coupons and digital coupons, there are also rebate apps that can save you even more. Here are some of the apps available for Target:
Cartwheel by Target – Cartwheel is an app for your smartphone that allows you to add offers from hundreds of available products. Either present your smartphone with the Cartwheel barcode or your printed Cartwheel at checkout. Cartwheel deals even work when you stack them on top of coupons, sales and your REDcard discount.
Ibotta eCoupons – Ibotta is an app for your smartphone. You earn money by taking a quick poll, watch a short video or even just looking at a recipe. Each action will earn you more money once you purchase that item. Purchase the product as you normally would. Using coupons will not have any effect on your ibotta offers. If you like, you can even scan the products barcode through the Ibotta app to be sure you are purchasing the correct product. Once you have made your purchase, you simply take a photo of your receipt through the app. The amount of the coupon will be deposited into your Ibotta account.
Checkout51 is another rebate app. You make a purchase of any of the products from the list of current offers, upload your receipt to the app and receive money back into your Checkout51 account.
MobiSave is currently available for Apple based devices ONLY. Much like their predecessors, MobiSave offers you rebates on items that you can choose to purchase. Just take a picture of your itemized receipt and submit. Rebates are posted to your account normally within 24 hours. Cash out your account at any time, NO MINIMUMS to meet. Visit the Apple ITunes Store and download MobiSave for free!
Snap By Groupon is probably my favorite rebate app. The selections of products are great and you can purchase them at any store. Also, you can do the rebate multiple times which is a great feature for stocking up on products.
SavingStar is a great way to save big money on your groceries and pharmacy store purchases. They are the first and only national, fully-digital grocery eCoupon rewards service. There is nothing to clip and nothing to print. Here’s how you can use SavingStar:
- Once you are registered you will have to set up your store loyalty cards.
- Select the eCoupons you like and link them to your store loyalty cards.
- Use your loyalty card at checkout (note: The total on your receipt does not change at checkout and the savings are not printed on the receipt).
- Your money is automatically added to your SavingStar account within 2-30 days! They’ll e-mail you when your savings post.
5. Target Hacks (Video)
6. New to Couponing?
We have four sections below to help you get started using coupons and saving money on your groceries. Click the links below to bring you to the section you are interested in reading about.
Table of Contents:
- Step By Step Guide to Get Started Saving Money on Groceries – 6 easy steps
- Step It Up a Notch – 5 More Steps to Save Even More
- Tons of Tips & Tricks to Help You Save Even More
- How to Use Living Rich With Coupons Site to Help Make Savings Even Easier
Stay connected with like minded couponers: