My Shopping Trip: ShopRite
After so much back and forth this morning regarding what was working for all the layers of Kraft Catalinas, I finalized my shopping list and ran to ShopRite. My out of pocket was so low that the cashier rolled through my transactions thinking she must have done something wrong. And, then, when the catalina machine started spitting out catalinas like a slot machine that hit the jackpot, then she started looking through the coupons she had already processed.
Of course, my favorite part is when they realize that the transaction was legit and I really did save all that money.
*Don’t mind the extra $2 Catalina in the photo. I brought $16 in catalinas to pay for the trip and only used $14. I didn’t realize that I placed the leftover $2 catalina in the photo.
Here is what we did:
- (4) Kraft Dark Chocolate Indulgence ($2.94) $2.69 (this is the only one working)
- (5)Kraft Fresh Take ($2.75) $2.50 each
- (1) Garnier Herbashine ($7.49) $5.99
- (1)Garnier Nutrisse ($8.99) $7.99
- (2)Scott Naturals Wipes $2.19 each
- (1)Osteo Bi-Flex $7.74
- (1)Kraft Parm Cheese 1 oz $1.00
- -(2)$1/1 Kraft Indulgence from the 2/26 SS
- -(1)$1.50/1 Kraft Indulgence from the Kraft 20 Top Seasonal Recipes For 2012
- -(1)$1.50/1 Kraft Indulgence printable (NLA)
- -(4)$0.75/1 Kraft Fresh Take
- -(1)$1.50/1 Kraft Fresh Take from the Kraft 20 Top Seasonal Recipes For 2012
- -(1)$0.55/1 Kraft Parm Cheese (adjusted down)
- -(1)$3/1 Garnier Herbashine
- -$3/1 Garnier eCoupon
- -(1)$2/1 Garnier Nutrisse
- -$2/1 Garnier eCoupon
- -(1)$0.99/2 Scott Natural Wipes
- –$1.20/2 Scott Natural Wipes eCoupon
- -$5/1 Osteo Bi-Flex from the 2/12 RP
- –$5/1 Osteo eCoupon
- -$14 in Catalinas
- +$0.63 Tax
Paid out of pocket: $0.31
Received: $20 Catalinas (Munch Mania 4 – $5), $4 Catalina (Kraft Dairy),$2 Catalina (Philly Cream Cheese), $3 Catalina (Garnier)
Total Savings including sale prices and coupons: $67.78 which I will be adding to the LRWC Reader’s Grocery Savings Counter. Be sure to add your savings so we can see how much we have all saved in 2012
Here is an update to my Grocery Budget:
- Total in envelope as of 2/21 $632.09
- -$75 sent to my son to buy his groceries at college
- –$0.46 from shopping trip on 2/22
- Total in envelope as of 2/22: $556.63
- -$5.64 from shopping trip on 2/29
- Total in envelope as of 2/29 $550.99
- -$32.41 from shopping trip on 3/1
- Total in envelope as of 3/1 $518.58
- -$4.09 from shopping trip on 3/2
- Total in envelope as of 3/2 $514.49
- Add $150 to Grocery Envelope
- –$0.75 from shopping trip on 3/3
- Total in envelope as of 3/3: $663.74
- -$0.31 from shopping trip on 3/4
- Total in envelope as of 3/4: $663.43
This week I plan on getting the freezer at Acme and I will be using the extra money from my grocery budget for that.
If you’re interested in seeing how we set up our budget envelopes, make sure to check out, How To Set Up a Budget and Stick to It.
How are you doing on your grocery budget?
LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter: Be sure to add your weekly grocery savings to the the LRWC Reader Grocery Savings Counter below. You can check out the counter in the sidebar to see how much we have all saved so far in 2012!