Extreme Couponing Tip: How to Get the Best Online Deals
How to Get the Best Online Deals
Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? Are you looking for to find out How to Get the Best Online Deals? I know we say it every year, but that really crept up on me this year! I think it had to do with all our lives being put on hold for 10+ days trying to recover from Hurricane Sandy. Some of us are finally feeling like we’re getting back into our regular routines and here is Thanksgiving, just a week away!
If you don’t want to fight the crowds this year, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for some great online deals that can make fabulous holiday gifts. We will be posting various online deals here at LRWC as we find them!
Here are some tips for shopping online this holiday season:
- Take advantage of Ship to Store and Free Shipping Offers: Many online retailers such as Walmart, Kmart, Lowes and many more offer free shipping when you have the product you purchased shipped to your local store. This is a great feature because sometimes we can score a great price on a product but then shipping charges can make the deal not so good anymore. Just last week I bought this Crayola Play n Fold Art Studiofor $18.09 + Free Shipping (now listed at $22) to my local Walmart store, which I will be using for a Christmas Gift!Also, watch for free shipping offers or coupon codes. Consider signing up for the following free shipping offers:
- Check for daily online deals during this time of the year, such as Amazon Lightning Deals and Target Daily Deals. Target Daily Deals ship for free and many Amazon Lightning Deals are part of Amazon Prime.
- Always shop online through Cash Back sites: ALWAYS shop through Ebates or ShopatHome before you start your online shopping to get actual cash back in your account, to save even more money! If you are new to either of these sites, you will also get a bonus cash back when you make your first purchase of $25 or more.
- Locate the best Internet price: Even if an item seems like an awesome price, quickly take a minute to do a price comparison to make sure it’s not selling somewhere else cheaper. Often times private sellers on Amazon will raise the “retail price” very high to make you believe you’re getting a spectacular deal because the % of saving is so high, however this might not always be 100% accurate so be sure to do your research!
- Ship the item directly to recipient: If you’re online shopping for holiday gifts, consider shipping the item you’re buying directly to the recipient! This will save you extra time and save you the added expense of shipping the item yourself once you receive it.
- Remember to check LRWC for daily deals: Be sure to bookmark the following pages to check the up-to-the minute deals for your holiday shopping
- Daily Deals: Daily Deals from Living Social, Groupon and more for both national and local deals.
- Coupon Codes: Updated daily with the newest online shopping coupons
- Cyber Monday/Holiday Deals: Up to the minute posts for all the hottest deals this holiday season.
- Black Friday Preview Ads 2012: Get a head start on preparing your big Black Friday outing!
Don’t forget to sign up for Free UPS My Choice. Get alerts before packages arrive, Electronically authorize packages for drop-of, re-route to other locations and many other options.
What are your tips for online holiday shopping?
Do you have an idea for an Extreme Couponing tip you’d like to see addressed? Leave your ideas in the comments!