Extreme Couponing Tip: Submit for Rebate Offers
This week’s Extreme Couponing Tip is on submitting Rebates. For me, this is probably one of my least favorite ways to save money, however it really can be a huge source of savings so I’m preaching to myself here too 🙂 Here are just a few reasons why Mail in Rebates (MIR) or any Rebate Offers are worth your time:
- Often rebate offers allow for awesome Double Dip Deals! We can often get products so cheap with coupons, then by submitting the MIR we are scoring a Money Maker!
- Many rebates are becoming much easier to complete. Staples Easy Rebates are so simple to complete right online!
- Rebates are sometimes sent back on pre-paid gift cards instead of just by check, which is convenient to use at the store and saves a trip to the bank!
- It’s FREE money back, and we love FREE!
I think I have always lacked interest in rebates, specifically MIRs because I thought they were too time consuming for just a “few bucks.” As I’ve grown to learn over the years and I hope you will too, is that these “few bucks” really add up! I often had a hard time with putting out the money up front. Even though I know I would get the money back once the rebate came, it was still hard to fork over the money initially. It was hard for me to consider the item “free” if I paid money out of my pocket for it. Now that I have a grocery budget and know exactly how much money I’m spending and where it’s going, it doesn’t stress me out anymore because I know it will end right back in my envelope.
Tips to Remember:
- When buying a product, look for hang tabs or stickies on the item that say “Try Me Free” or “Mail in Rebate” on them to maximize your savings!
- Always be sure to save your receipts. Consider asking the store for a duplicate receipt if you have multiple rebates to submit for.
- Complete the rebate form immediately when you get home. If you put it off you probably won’t end up doing it!
- Keep a record, including copies if possible, of the rebates you submitted for so you can track them or follow up on one should not receive your rebate.
- If there’s a product you are looking to buy that you know has a rebate offer, look for a coupon for the product to save even more! Here are some examples of current/recent ways to maximize your savings using coupons and rebate offers:
Example of Rebate Offers. Please note that these are not current rebate offers and being used for examples only.
Buy 1 Glade Expressions Fragrance Mist Starter Kit with Try Me Free Hangtag, $3.29
-(1) $3/1 Glade Expressions Fragrance Mist Printable (NLA)
Get: $1.00 Glade Catalina (through 9/2)
Submit for FREE Glade Expressions Mail in Rebate Offer
as low as FREE + $4.00 Money Maker!
Buy 1 World’s Best Cat Litter 8-lb, $6.99 sale price
-(1) $5/1 World’s Best Cat Litter Printable
Submit for FREE Bag Mail in Rebate Offer
as low as FREE + $5.00 Money Maker!