Leftover Ham Ideas and Ham Salad Recipe
A lot of people are cooking ham this weekend for Easter. And if you are a ShopRite shopper, you may have received a free one! Now that I’ve moved away from ShopRite, I have to pay for a ham. That’s life. 😉
Anyway, if you need a recipe to bake your ham, check out our Honey-Orange Glazed Ham recipe. The ham can be baked or grilled.
And now for ham leftovers. Here are some of our past recipes using ham.
- Ham & Bean Chowder
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Ham & Cheese Calzone
- Turkey Gumbo Soup
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara – substitute ham for the bacon
Last year we posted an article on what to do with leftover ham which had some good ideas:
- Mince ham and sprinkle a few tablespoons on cooked vegetables or scrambled eggs.
- When cooking vegetables add a small chunk of ham to the water.
- Add chopped ham to macaroni, potato or rice salad.
- Grind ham and blend with cream cheese to use as a spread or dip.
- Use the ham bone to make split pea, bean or lentil soup.
- Make quiche, omelette or pasta carbonara using ham.
- Add cubed ham to macaroni and cheese or scalloped potatoes.
- Cut up ham and freeze portions to use at a later date.
And for today’s addition for leftover ham… our recipe is Ham Salad. Its good as a sandwich or nice on a bed of lettuce. And chopping up the ham, celery, pepper and onion in a food processor helps to make this recipe in nearly no time.
- 4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 teasp minced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp vinegar
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to be served.