Here’s a different salad to serve on these warmer evenings. Instead of regular tomatoes, you can substitute cherry tomatoes. I like to add some feta cheese but not everyone is a fan, so that is optional. Enjoy!
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 8 oz container of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- feta cheese, to serve, optional
Cook asparagus until slighly tender but still crisp (about 3 mins.). Drain and rinse with cold water.
In large bowl combine asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and pepper.
In measuring cup, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over vegetables. Toss. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Serve with feta cheese, if desired.