Another great deal at ShopRite this week! , ShopRite sells the Air Wick Scented Oil warmer for and everyday price of $1.79. . We have this Save $1.99 on any Air Wick® Scented Oil Warmer when you buy any ONE (1) Air Wick® Scented Oil Warmer ShopRite eCoupon Expires: 07/01/2023 available… Read More
Back to School Deals
Back to School Shopping Deals
Rite Aid 8/22
Dollar General School Supplies
Teachers Corner at Dollar Tree is Revamped!
10 items under $1.00 at Walmart for Back to School!
15% off for Teachers at Target
Week of 8/22
Office Supply Stores:
School Supplies as low as $0.50 at Staples!
I have had many requests for a good solid checklist for sending your kids off to college. We’ve had a few experiences with the whole college dorm room thing around here and this is what we’ve come up with!
College Dorm Checklist: What to Bring for Your College Dorm Room
Dorm Room Room Checklist – PDF Download
Leaving for college can be a stressful yet exciting time for students as well as parents; saying good-bye to home and going off to start a new life, in a new place, with all new people. For incoming freshmen, knowing what to bring to create a comfortable living environment at school can be a whole challenge in itself. I know that every new student wonders, “How can I possibly fit ALL of my stuff in this small 12’x15’ room while sharing it with a total stranger?” That’s where we come in!
Here is a little guide to help parents as well as students know what the essentials are for a college dorm room and how to make it all fit comfortably.
- Comforter – Dark, durable and a Twin XL!
- Sheets & Padding
- Sheets (grab 2 sets of twin XL)
- egg crate – believe me you need this
- mattress pad -Note: The egg crate and mattress pad make your sleep MUCH better on dorm beds. Don’t skip this.
- body pillow – you will probably be against a cold stone wall – this makes it less cold feeling!
- Draw Organizer
- School Supplies/BackPack/bag – Note: Back to School Deals are listed right on our site!
- Message Dry Erase Board
- LockBox –Always lock up your passport, insurance card or anything else of value! Things sadly do get stolen!
- Laptop You really do need this.
- Printer: We for sure recommend a wireless Brother Printer! It’s better than have your own then always having to rely on the library!
- TV – You can always just use your laptop – but sometimes its nice to watch actual tv
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Apple TV
- Power Strips You might only have 1 outlet for yourself!
Note: you won’t need a floor lamp most likely because the overhead lighting will light up the room ( if you do you can grab one when you get there).
Most dorm rooms don’t allow you to take down the existing curtains. If you know for a fact that your school does not provide curtains then find simple ones that are cheap because they’re probably going to get pretty dirty.
- Storage bins – I promise you’ll need more storage
Note: Under bed storage is key. If you’re wondering where you’re going to fit all of your stuff, this is where.
- Shoe Organizer
- YOU NEED A FAN – unless you are lucky enough to have air conditioning.
- Towels Note: Get big towels – if you have a community bathroom – you’ll have to walk down the hall in your towel
- Bathrobe –
- Shower Caddie
- Shower shoes – please wear shoes 🙂
- Full Length Mirror
- Trash Can
- Carpet that fills most of your floor
- Bathroom Rug
- Refrigerator If your school doesn’t automatically supply you with a refrigerator/freezer then you definitely need to buy one/sometimes you can rent one! check into that!
- Ironing Board/Iron
- Laundry Basket
- Detergent – search for a deal in our GPC!
- Cleaning Supplies –search for a deal in our GPC!
- Air Fresheners
- Extension Cords
- Surge Protector
- Over Door Hooks
Dorm Room Essentials Checklist – PDF Download
Back To School Checklist
Using a Back to School Checklist helps to save money on Back to School Supplies. It’s a great way to prevent wasting money on overbuying. While it’s so tempting to take advantage of lots of great deals, keeping track of what you need and what you are buying is the best savings tip of all.
Be sure to use our Back to School Checklist to help you keep track of your purchases. We have a free printable download or you can download directly into Excel.
- Back to School Printable Checklist – PDF Printable
- Back to School Downloadable Checklist – Excel Version
- Dorm Room Essentials Checklist – PDF Printable