Savings Tips For Super Bowl Party
Celebrating the Superbowl doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. After all, it’s all about the game right?!?
Well, of course it’s about the food too. But, keeping it simple is best! You get to enjoy the game with your guests, while betting on services such as Coral Near Me, and your wallet will be happy.
Here are some of the our tips:
1. Share the expense – Have a PotLuck Party. Invite your family and friends and host your Super Bowl party as a potluck party.
2. Keep the menu simple – If you are feeding a crowd, stick with big dish items that easily feed a crowd and that are simple to make and serve. Set up slow cookers with big servings of chili. You might want to try our simple and easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili Recipe. Put out some cheese and sour cream as toppings. You can even make hot dogs for chili dogs. The same goes for appetizers…put out large plates of nachos and cheese for your guests to snack on. These are a great alternative to serving numerous, expensive appetizers. Pigs in the blanket and potato skins are also inexpensive finger foods.
3. Did someone say Pizza? – Order pizzas for the big game. Check with your local pizza restaurants for any deals that may be going on. Or better yet, make your own. Or, stock up on all the great sales on frozen pizza that are going on right now. (NJ/NY – $0.97 at ShopRite)
4. Plan your menu based on the current sales – Check your store’s circular and coupons for super bowl type foods on sale. This time of year there are tons of deals available. Plan your menu around what’s in your pantry and the current sales. Free and cheap items this week at most stores are redhot, peanuts and more. You can also check out our huge list of printable coupons that are perfect for saving you money for your Super Bowl Party!
5. Cut the high cost of drinks – This is another area you can share the cost on. Ask your guests to BYOB. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, then stick with the basics. Serve soda, water and beer. No need to get crazy with fancy beverages.
6. Dollar Store Decorations – Shop the dollar stores for fun decorations. Football themed containers. We found these football shaped snack dishes for, yep, you guessed it…$1. Use them for snacks or your chili toppings and hot dogs.
7. Get Crafty – Try wrapping empty cans with brown craft paper and using a white marker or paint to make football “stitching”. These make great holders for your utensils and look fun and festive on your buffet table. Be sure to check out Rust & Sunshine for instructions for these Silverware Football Holders and as well as fun, super bowl related kids games and treats.
8. Save on Super Bowl Memorabilia – If you are going to the game, don’t buy Super Bowl memorabilia there. Wait until the day after and you’ll get all kinds of clearance deals online and in your local stores. If you have to have something to wear to the game, then shop beforehand at your local stores. Prices will be so much cheaper at the store then at the game.
9. Dress to celebrate without wasting money – Wear the team colors with items you already have in your closet! You’ll save a ton, rather than paying for over priced jerseys and t-shirts!
Share your tips for saving on super bowl parties! We’d love to hear how you celebrate on a budget!